live preview/usage @ gimmelove
features: two column, supports all modules, fixed width, custom 'locked'
Step I: ThemeGo to CUSTOMIZE » SELECT JOURNAL STYLE and find PLAIN for TABULA RASA. (here)
Step II: Custom CSSGo to CUSTOMIZE YOUR THEME, then CUSTOM CSS
Step III: Layout StylesheetUncheck the box next to USE LAYOUT STYLESHEET.
Step IV: Copy & Paste CodeSelect all and copy the code in the link below; then back in Dreamwidth, in the textbox next to USE CUSTOM STYLESHEETS, paste the code and save.
Step V: Comment Pages & Addtl OptionsThis theme is cosmetic and not operated to work with custom comment pages. You need to enable the site skin comment page so it doesn't look ugly; you can do this by going to:
- Organize » Manage Account » Display
- "Entry Page Default: Your Journal" - uncheck the box; and hit save.
- Organize » Customize Style » Presentation
- "Select whether user interaction links are printed as text or using the available icons" » switch from icons to text-only
- "Select whether entry management links are printed as text or using the available icons" » switch from icons to text-only
- "Select whether comment management links are printed as text or using the available icons" » switch from icons to text-only
CreditsPlease leave credits to ssc either in a profile or credits/resources post. You can do this by typing or <user name="ssc">.
Support & HelpLet me know if you find any bugs and I'll be sure to fix them as soon as possible!
I actually coded this layout a few months ago but didn't like it very much, even though I was mostly done. Looking at it now, there's nothing I really dislike about it and it did what I wanted it to do. Essentially it was my remixing my old LiveJournal layout over at kingdra, with the navigation and the title text. Obviously it's much different both in terms of color and functionality, but the similarities I wanted to keep I think carried over pretty well.
If nothing else, my putting up this layout for use can be for posterity.